Information drawn from Library of Congress website
The Library of Congress is looking for 1,000 volunteers to staff the 2017 National Book Festival. The free event will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on Saturday, September 2, from 9 am–7:30 pm.
Volunteers must commit to at least one 4.5-hour shift and attend a mandatory briefing session at the Library of Congress.
Volunteers NOT employed by the Library of Congress should plan to attend one of the following three briefing sessions:
- Tuesday, August 29, from 7–8:30 pm in the Montpelier Room or
- Thursday, August 31, from 1:30–3 pm in the Montpelier Room or
- Friday, September 1, from 10:30 am–noon in the Mumford Room
Volunteers employed by the Library of Congress or docents should plan to attend one of the following two briefing sessions:
- Tuesday, August 29, from 1:30–3 pm in the Montpelier Room or
- Wednesday, August 30, from 1:30–3 pm in the Montpelier Room
Both the Montpelier and the Mumford Rooms are located on the 6th floor of the James Madison Memorial Building, which is at 101 Independence Avenue SE. The entrance to the building is on Independence Avenue between First Street and Second Street SE.
If you have any questions, email volunteer coordinator Faye Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org.