By Nan Bell
Burleith’s new website is open for business. Our easier-to-use site combines a fresh, colorful look with loads of new content, photos, and features. We’ll be actively using it for community reporting and outreach, so make it your first stop for all Burleith-related matters.
Here are some highlights:
- About. Get the basics on Burleith, its history, and useful tips on living here.
- What’s Up. Read the latest news and commentary on the home page or scroll through searchable "recent posts." Read something interesting? Post a comment or share on social media.
- BCA. Learn about the BCA, what we do, becoming a member, and how the Burleith Community Fund is strengthening our community.
- Get Involved. Volunteer, pitch in, or join a Burleith Special Interest Group. These content-rich pages describe a number of ways to share interests.
- Advertisers. Read the featured advertiser article on the home page, then click on the logos or "Meet Our Advertisers" button for more about the businesses supporting our community.
- Contact. Share your views with us!
The redesign was one of my priorities during my term as president, and I’m pleased to thank Linda Brooks, Ann Carper, Rich Field, and Ross Schipper for their hard work. William Nutt designed the site in Squarespace (for those of you into these things) and is providing ongoing support. Ann now serves as web editor, while Ross handles technical administration and the BSIGs. My special appreciation to Ross for his diligent work and technical wizardry on the former site over the past decade as well as my thanks to Jen Perry for the original design back in 2002.