||Burleith Dining Club
- The Burleith Dining Club is a group of Burleith Citizens Association (BCA) Members
interested in social dining experiences such as potluck dinners, progressive dinners, dining out, and/or wine tasting.
It's purpose is to facilitate communications and the planning of activities with interested Burleith neighbors.
- To Join or for Further Information Contact
- The Burleith Dining Club currently has 21 members and welcomes new members.
- A Yahoo Group has been created to facilitate communication.
- Contact Linda Brooks
for more information concerning the dining group.
- June meeting (Friday, June 7, 6:30 pm) We will meet at the home of Monique Wedderburn for a Bar-B-Q Pot Luck dinner.
- Previous Dining Club Meetings
- Friday, May 3, 6:30 pm - 12 members met for dinner at the Shanghai Lounge.
- Friday, April 5, 6:30 pm - 10 members met for a progressive dinner. Appetizers were the home of
Mark Snyder, the main entree was at the home of Mary and Henry Meyers, and desert was at the home of Sheila Hegy. The
pictures below (the first taken during the appetizers and the second during the main course) shows the participants.
Missing in the first picture are Linda Brooks (took the picture) and Mary Meyers (preparing the entreé - the second stage
of the progressive dinner):
- Friday, March 1, 6:30 pm - 8 members met for dinner at the Turkish restaurant Cafe Divan (1834 Wisconsin Avenue NW)
- Friday, February 1, 6:30 pm - Pot Luck Diner at Pat Davies' home in Forest Hills.
- Friday, December 7, 2012 at 6:30 pm - 11 members of the group met for a Holiday Pot Luck at 3607 T Street.
- Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 12:30 pm - 7 members of the group met for Brunch at Bistro Lepic
- Friday, October 5, 2012 at 6:30 pm - 8 members of the group met for a BBQ Potluck dinner at 3600 T Street.
- Friday, September 7, 2012 at 6:30 pm - 5 members of the group met for dinner at Bistro Française. They had a lovely time together, the food was wonderful, and they split a bottle of California Chardonay.
- Friday, June 1, 2012 starting at 6:30 pm - Progressive dinner beginning with hors d'oeuvres and salad at the home
of Mary and Henry Meyer, followed by the main course at the home of Pat Davies, and finisheing with the dessert course at the
home of Sheila Hegy. In spite of torrential downpours, all 8 members of the Dining Club that participated had a great time.
First Course Second Course Third Course
- Friday, May 4, 2012 at 6:30 pm - Pot Luck Picnic at the
Green Lot (37th Street and Whitehaven).
- Friday, April 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm - held at Et Voila!, a Belgian-French
Restaurant located at 5120 MacArthur Boulevard NW.
- Friday, March 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm - kick-off dinner at home of Linda & Ross